Tuesday 10 March 2015

Start a new life


“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages”- William Shakespeare. How true it is. Isn’t it? In our life we have to face challenges, obstacles and hurdles. We play different roles in different stages of our life. We might fall but only if we take the courage to get up we can move ahead in our lives. Life is a continuous journey and no failure can be strong enough to stop your journey. Similarly https://housing.com/ motivates people to start a new life.
I have faced several challenges and obstacles in my life. I would like to share my first job experience with all of you. I was in my final year of my master degree and before I completed my exams I got an offer from a renowned college to act as a Public Relations Officer. I was really excited because I was the first one to bag a job from my class. Some of my classmates went green in envy. The sly look and envious glanced only boosted up my spirit and moral. I was really very excited. The first day I joined office I was greeted with open arms by my seniors. I was the youngest member working then. But within a week I discovered certain fishy behavior and attitudes of some colleagues. Everytime I came up with fresh ideas it was outwardly rejected by my boss. Everyday he did all he could to break my moral and discourage me. Things took an ugly turn when I decided to face him and challenge him. I also understood one thing that some people were facing real problems because of my presence. They were afraid that their underhand dealings would be leaked very soon. I understood the reason behind my boss’s and it cronies’ vindictive attitude. I was a potential threat for their existence. At the other end my life had become miserable. I was really losing my confidence. I tried to motivate myself but in vain. In a fit of rage I resigned one day. Though my seniors were elated they did not forget to give me their piece of advice. I still remember my parting words that if you really know your subject you are sure to be successful in life. Back home I was frantically looking for a job and deeply distressed. But by God’s grace within a week a got a call from a reputed company and got selected. I moved to Kolkata from my native place to restart my life with a bang.
I could really relate myself when I watched the Housing.com video.
We can always start our life afresh. Nothing should stop us as the proverb says, “Behind every cloud there is a silver lining."

No comments:

Post a Comment